Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
- A Student shall confirm to high standards of discipline and shall conduct himself, with in and outside the premises of the college, in a manner befitting the student and the institute.
- He shall show due and consideration to the employees of the institute and good neighborliness to his fellow students, respect to the wardens of the hostels, teachers of the institute and pay due attention and courtesy to the visitors.
- To safe guard its ideals of scholarship, character and personal behavior, the institute reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student at any time for any reason deemed sufficient.
- The head of Department can impose minor punishments such as fine up to Rs. 500/-, suspension from institute pending inquiry by a committee and relinquish the hostel room.
- Principal on recommendation of the disciplinary committee shall execute major punishments such as expulsion from the institute, withdrawal of the candidature from appearing in university examination etc.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicant and smoking is strictly prohibited in the institute as well as hostel. Students found guilty shall be liable for punishment and disciplinary action which may include expulsion / suspension from the institute or hostel or imposition of fine or all of them.
To inculcate a sense of simplicity, uniformity and equality in the minds of the students, they are required to wear Institute Uniform
- On all working days.
- On all formal functions of the institute
- On industry institute interaction visit / educational tours.
Every student is issued a plastic laminated Identity Card. In this connection, a notice will be issued from the office regarding authorized photographer, who will be available in the campus on the specified dates and timings.
Every student must be in possession of the identity card with him/ her. Failure to produce the identity card on demand of the competent authority will lead to disciplinary action / imposition of fine.
Loss of identity card must be reported to the principal immediately and a new card be obtained within a week.The fee for the replacement will be same as the cost of the first identity card.
- A student must be regular and punctual in attendance.
- If a student remains absent from the institute without leave continuously for more than two weeks, his/her name will be struck off from the college Roll.
- He/ She may be readmitted on payment of readmission fee and penalty. He / She will not be allowed to attend the classes till he/she is readmitted.
- A student must fulfill the requirement of the attendance as laid down by the H.P.University, minimum 75% of the total number of classes conducted failing which he/ she will be detained from appearing in the university examination.
- All kinds of leave should be applied for, on the prescribed application form before it is availed of.
- Leave application should be routed through respective Mentors / Coordinators.
- Absence or leave from Internal Examination, for whatever reason will mean nil result and no extra chance shall be given to the student to appear in the examination again.
- Students absenting themselves without leave shall be liable for disciplinary action including fine.
- Any student who remains absent from the class shall be fined Rs. 5 for every lecture/Period missed and for the full day absence, a fine of Rs. 50/- will be charged.
- Any students who remains absent for more than 10 working days continuously without prior intimation, his/her name will be struck off and will be allowed re-admission by the Principal after being satisfied by the reason of absence submitted by the student. An amount of Rs. 1000/- shall be charged from the student on account of re-admission.
- There shall be two mid semester tests apart from Viva-Voce, presentations and assignments.
- It is compulsory for the students to appear in all such tests and timely submit the assignments
- In case a student falls ill during the course of examination, his / her leave application on prescribed form supported by the medical certificate should be submitted immediately.
- No leave application will be accepted at a later date or after the termination of examination.
- A student found guilty of using unfair means during the examination will be given deterrent punishments.
Code of Conduct
In order to promote ethical behavior, the college requires every student to agree and abide by the code of conduct. Which includes the following:
- Student should be regular and punctual in the classes.
- Attendance during the functions in the institute is compulsory for all students.
- Students are not supposed to leave the Institute during the Classes.
- Students are not expected to wear gaudy, skintight or revealing dresses.
- Students should always keep their identity cards with them.
- Students must not give any gift to any employee of the college/hostel/Canteen/mess.
- Students should develop the habit of maintaining cleanliness in the campus.
- No student is allowed to involve the name of college in any publication or out side activity without prior permission of the Principal.
- Students must have mutual respect among themselves.
- Possession of Knives, Firearm etc. is prohibited within the campus.